View Single Post
Old 06-14-2014, 01:58 AM   #516
Jon
Getting Old

Carmudgeonly Ride: 2013 e92 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh (PA) View Post
That's a HOT car Jon. Very cool The M stripes remind me a little of the Martini edition 911. Not sure if I'd have the cahones to do it myself, but very much admire it from a far.
Thanks Josh. One evening when my car was being built I was surfing the BMW Germany website and I saw the stripes for the first time. I got the part numbers and asked one of my parts guys to see if he could get them. When I found out he could I then emailed a friend at BMWNA to see if I could persuade them to apply the stripes at the port by the factory body/paint techs, and successfully got them to do it before the car shipped. That makes them covered by the factory warranty. Following some negative feedback from a FB post, I actually panicked at one point, even tried to put the kabosh on the whole deal, and it was too late. Then when another friend at the VDC sent me pics during the install I was stoked. Very often passers by give me the thumb's up and comment on the stripes. The final step was getting the wheels powder coated for Bimmerfest. I was never a big fan of black wheel but I thought it need it for contrast. Black wheels are an amazing solution for dealing with brake dust. I haven't cleaned them since they were installed, and you would never know if you saw it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plaz View Post
V8itude.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	J0NS0845.jpg
Views:	542
Size:	1.18 MB
ID:	9404  Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3645.jpg
Views:	537
Size:	489.9 KB