View Single Post
Old 02-18-2019, 11:22 AM   #14
ZBB
Relic

Carmudgeonly Ride: A very fast golf cart
Quote:
Originally Posted by robg View Post
I actually have grown to enjoy being able to have that level of control without having to pickup and mess with my phone. It’s a small thing but it’s one of those real head scratchers given how tesla prides themselves on being a software company and always delivering new features over the air. Sometimes I think they put the interests of the media and Wall Street ahead of regular customers. (A fart app generates clicks - decent Bluetooth integration does not)

Do they atleast let you scroll through radio stations / tracks using one of the scroll wheels on the steering wheel? Last time I checked, you couldn’t (but yet you could control your sunroof).
Considering that my car is still in the shop, I haven't experienced the fart app yet

As for the steering wheel controls. The Forward / Back buttons on the left side of the steering wheel will scroll through radio station presets when you are listening to the radio.

The right scroll wheel does let you set some options on it -- changing the HVAC fan speed or opening the sunroof, although I never changed it from default.

For the audio system, I usually just used a voice search to find something -- worked very well. Something like "Play U2", then the center console would show a list of possible matches, and you could tap to play the one you wanted...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tesla Model S Owner's Manual
Next
If you are listening to local or satellite radio and you have defined more than one radio preset, press to play the next preset in the radio band that is currently playing. If you have not defined more than one preset, press to go to the next available frequency.
If you are listening to Internet radio, or to an audio file on a connected Bluetooth or USB device, press to skip to the next song or station.
If you have more than one favorite defined, press and hold to cycle through favorites.

Previous
Same as described above for Next, except it skips to the previous song or station. If you have more than one favorite defined, press and hold to cycle through favorites.
Linky: https://www.tesla.com/sites/default/...rica_en_us.pdf