View Single Post
Old 08-01-2020, 01:33 PM   #12
SARAFIL
I like BMWs

Carmudgeonly Ride: X5 M50 / M550
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdc330i View Post
Meanwhile, I just filled out some online survey for BMW about in-vehicle smartphone apps. How about work on a decent, practical, fun car? I'd even buy a 3 series GT at this point, if I could buy a new one with the B58 engine.

I'm less enthusiastic about buying a used version, when I already have a car about to lose its warranty and is already off maintenance.

Unfortunately I think in a few years BMW lineup will be sedans, maybe a 2 and/or 4 coupe/GC, no convertibles, no roadsters, no more GTs or wagons, and then a full range of X models from X1 to X7 (possibly X8). The shift in demand towards SUVs is just so strong. We were already naturally heading this way but Covid-driven expense cuts will probably make it happen much faster.

On that note, Mercedes recently told US dealers they are cutting 7-ish models in near future. They haven’t announced which ones but all of the coupes/convertibles in C, E, S class are rumored to be on the list plus CLS and the GT sedan (whatever they call that thing?). SLC (former SLK) is already dead and SL could be at risk in the future but I think safe for now.