View Single Post
Old 09-18-2017, 06:20 PM   #246
equ
Alphanumeric

Carmudgeonly Ride: 981S, 340i
Quote:
Originally Posted by clyde View Post
Anyone that digs cars should be knocked out by either even though not reasonable car people might refuse to consider one or the other for no reason. The differentiation for me is the value for the money.
Like JST, for similar but not entirely identical reasons, I disagree. I think I'm reasonably reasonable and I never considered a Camaro. I was closer to Mustangs but never seriously considered one either, though I occasionally entertain the thought.

Unlike JST, I don't hate how the Camaro looks. In fact, I like it.

I might hate it if I owned it. I like sports cars that I can drive every day. The 911 and m3 win that regard. Even the cayman and the boxster if you are willing to go with two seats. The visibility of the Camaro is awful. I live in a tight hundred year old area. The footprint of the Camaro is large, the interior space, while bigger than a 911 is not as good as an m3, even an e46 m3 (which has decent room for two adults in the back and a decent trunk with a folding expansion). These factors matter to me.

I have a feeling Camaros are better built. My rental Mustang was not impressive. But Mustangs have better visibility. So that would make it of interest. Secondly the high-revving engine of the GT350 would be of interest, but once again I get into footprint issues. I can't justify a sports car that takes as much or more room than my 535i.

Value: In the end, porsches have not cost me all that much to own. They have good resale and good reliability. But my use case may be very different from your (more competition) oriented use case.
equ is offline   Reply With Quote