View Single Post
Old 09-18-2017, 03:12 PM   #243
JST

Quote:
Originally Posted by clyde View Post
I don't think it's a walk the walk vs talk the talk kind of thing. Anyone that digs cars should be knocked out by either even though not reasonable car people might refuse to consider one or the other for no reason. The differentiation for me is the value for the money. The least expensive 911 starts over $90k and you're past $150k before you're sitting in one that's interesting. A ZL1 tops out about $72k. As much as I might enjoy a 911, I don't think I could ever be persuaded that any current 911 is twice the car or worth twice the money (potential resale and actual cost to own determined at a future date notwithstanding).

But whatever.

I don't like white cars.

http://www.porterchevy.com/VehicleDe...59898383#close

Wonder if it will still be available once I have a roof...
The Camaro holds no appeal for me, partly for unreasonable, parochial reasons, partly because I just don't like the look, and partly because the interior really rubs me the wrong way.

I'll freely concede the Camaro is the faster car. But if you gave me the choice between a brand new or almost new Camaro ZLFASA@!!!#R$ or whatever and whatever used 911 the same amount of money could buy, I'd pick the 911 every time.

Part of that is that I just hate Camaros. But another part of the is the realization that almost any recent 911 has more than enough performance to keep me entertained on the street, and so the added performance of the Camaro is really just good for bench racing and winning Internet fights (but, you know what they say about fighting on the Internet).
JST is offline   Reply With Quote