Thread: Porsche GTI
View Single Post
Old 03-10-2023, 10:18 PM   #8
lemming
Western Anomaly

Carmudgeonly Ride: White Orca
Quote:
Originally Posted by FC View Post
I would agree. I was thoroughly underwhelmed by a base Cayenne loaner I got in 2015. It was nice inside though.

The Turbo versions I am sure are great, and I have read reviews to that effect, but that is a massive premium on an already very expensive car.

Those SUVs make Porsche buckets of money.

Not to say their sportscars aren't super profitable also, but the SUVs have a lot more competition.

Can't you get a lot more for your money with a BMW, MB, or Audi? I was under the impression that MBs were becoming much better to drive but maybe that is only the case for AMGs.

EDIT: Old review, but this is the kind of vibe I recall: https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews...mparison-test/
The Macan is expensive for what it is —no getting around this.

But it is significantly different from the Q5 that I like it. The PDK for starters. And the all wheel drive system is also different. I like the flatness of the handling.

I skipped the Macan S as well as the 2018 Macan Turbo — I chose a 2021 because it sat better in the depreciation curve, but not too old a car.

It’s really fun. When you go in with low expectations, it’s quite pleasant as a vehicle to be honest. It also makes my 2018s feel quite old.

Put together a new config for the GT3 today — but will talk about that separately.

lemming is offline   Reply With Quote