View Single Post
Old 08-17-2019, 08:12 AM   #10
JST

Quote:
Originally Posted by AF View Post
Just a heads up this is not an issue in either our 340 or 540 ... maybe mention this at your next service.

I enjoyed your write up but I feel like your comparing an every day comfortable car (yes it’s a fast and odd one) to a hyped up almost sports car. The M3 is not an everyday comfortable type of car, it is a little extreme in many different factors.

Btw one other thing, on a road trip I just want to get there, I don’t want to sit around and have a meal because I have no choice but to wait for my car to charge ...
I mean, that's the thing--these cars are really similar, both in terms of form and function. They're both sports sedans. The BMW is only a hyped up sports car because the engine is loud. The Tesla just doesn't demand the same compromises, but it does everything else as well or better.

And to be clear, I'm not talking about sitting around having a meal. I'm talking about plugging the car in, walking into the DE welcome center, using the can, ordering some food, and coming back out.

If I'd had the Tesla yesterday, I honestly think I could have done the trip just as fast as the BMW.

EDIT: Thanks for the tip on your cars, though--maybe I'll have them look at the seat sensor.

Last edited by JST; 08-17-2019 at 08:28 AM.
JST is offline   Reply With Quote