View Single Post
Old 03-23-2020, 05:44 PM   #15
robg
Carmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan View Post
Ok strange life we are all living ... it is weird to talk about cars or even talk about spending money but here is the deal to what lead to an odd day.

All car dealers are shutting down their sales teams as of today (or possibly tomorrow)as NY is only allowed to keep businesses open that are ‘essential’ ... I got a phone call at 9am ... i’m half asleep but I pick up and it’s my sales person from Audi, she told me the Q5 arrived and we can pick it up today but it has to be by 1pm because they are doing staggered shifts and she has to leave by 1 and after today she is off for who knows how long as apparently car sales people are non essential... I told her I was sleeping, give me 15 minutes to wake up, discuss with my wife and daughter and i’ll call her back after a cup of coffee. Truthfully i’ve got a full driveway and really don’t need another car by 1pm being I cannot return the A4 as it needs to be inspected and after talking to the girls I called back and said we will pick it up when she is back working ... meanwhile the A4 has only 14k miles so what is the rush to replace it.
Now comes the other issue, we have a 2017 340 which is leased and comes up in May, I called my bmw salesperson and he is only in for today and then he has no choice but to not go to work after today so I need to order the car NOW ... ended up I got his personal email and he gave me the rates so I worked it out with him that I can order the car Monday which I will do, I just wanted to run it by my son first to confirm the car has the options he wants.

So weird ... with this virus my last thoughts are buying cars it is really the last thing from my mind yet here I am ...

Edit: OMG the funny thing I just remembered I still have no idea how much I am paying for the Q5 .. lol
Wow. Well, i'm sure those dealerships are grateful for your business.
robg is offline   Reply With Quote