View Single Post
Old 04-09-2018, 10:27 AM   #6
JST

Quote:
Originally Posted by FC View Post
All good points. And yes, if the plan includes an upgrade to a Boxster, a Tesla could well be the "sedan." It covers both the EV front and does have usable range.* I still don't care for the looks (used Model S?), but the idea of an EV with legitimate range eventually filling that role is a real possibility. The same goes for a non-MT sedan. Let's be honest, MT options are thin nowadays.

*With my son doing travel sports, we often find the eGolf range is too short. This is starting to annoy my wife (and me) when the only alternatives are a loud, uncomfortable, small roadster and a heavy, large, gas-guzzling SUV. The Model 3 would solve that.
Yes. I think it's worth at least driving a Giulia, just because it's so off-the-wall, and if you can get past the no MT thing, it might be a good choice.

EDIT:

The size of the Model S isn't really that big a deal. It really only comes into play when parallel parking, and with it's various cameras and sensors I find I'm better able to parallel park it than lots of smaller cars I've had. Most days, it's actually nice to have the extra space, and if you're going to use it for travel sports, that's even better.

I'd take a look for a used 90D. It'll be expensive, but the AWD and range are going to give it a flexibility that others won't have. The pro tip here is don't rely on inventory on the website; go in and talk with the Tesla store and have them do an inventory search.
JST is online now   Reply With Quote