Thread: I'm bored
View Single Post
Old 02-26-2019, 06:29 PM   #115
JST

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick M3 View Post
Really, I think that it’s clear that Josh needs something in the 2002/E30/E36 range.
Maybe! I ended up not bidding on that AZ E30 because of reasons, but there's something about it that was pretty compelling.

Not kidding about buying the red one, if you want to sell.

EDIT:

Re: G body 911. I'd love to own one some day, and I hear you about the visceral driving experience. It's hard to find a decent one for less than 30K nowadays, though, and that's a lot of cheddar. I also can't forget that 15 or so years ago when I was looking at 964s my overriding impression was that by modern standards they were kind of slow and needed to rev. Maybe a G body wouldn't make me feel that way, but when so much of my driving is stop and go city stuff I bet I'd miss the torque from the Variocam in the later motors.

Re: G-wagen. I have no use for one of those, other than driving in the snow, which is probably a terrible idea because they like to rust. But I find them relentlessly cool for whatever reason, and it would be...plausible to have as a car in addition to the Boxster rather than instead of it.

Last edited by JST; 02-26-2019 at 06:39 PM.
JST is offline   Reply With Quote