View Single Post
Old 02-10-2020, 03:21 PM   #58
clyde
Chief title editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by clyde View Post
At this point, my guess is that it will be early February before I close anything and February incentives can't be much worse, so that may help.

I'm just ready to have all this done.
Still not done. February Chevy to Consumer incentives are terrible, but their incentives to dealers may not be so bad. There's almost no info, though, so it's hard to suss out other than reading some tea leaves based on my conversations with dealers.

There definitely seems to be some kind of flex cash situation that may or may not be in combo with money on 19s...or specific cars. Some dealers are really aggressive on MY20 cars, but not on the 19s they've had in stock for 6+ months.

Altogether, it looks like I'll have to spend enough more than I had been expecting that I'm very much not happy. And it's to the point I'm resisting spending anything. It's weird.

I've also been looking for a used one, but used ones with PDR are really hard to find. The ones that have it all seem to be a dealers that like smoking crack because they're mostly asking more for them than the website prices on their news ones (19s and 20s). If I could find a used one with under 10k miles that won't quickly be in need of new tires and save myself $3k (or $4k if it'll need new tires soon), I'd jump in an instant.

Also, every time I do this, I remember how much difference there is between dealers and salespeople. Some really try to work with you to find a deal and some...don't.

But I really, really, really want this to be over.

And, FWIW, Carvana's offer to me today was $16,310, which is up about $1k from late January.

Team WTF?!
What are you gonna do?
clyde is offline   Reply With Quote