Thread: CarPlay rant
View Single Post
Old 12-17-2019, 06:01 PM   #30
Alan
Carmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by robg View Post
Ah. Yes, doing a keyword search for music with idrive is not fun. I guess I never really did that cause I ended up using Pandora most of the time. When I wanted to find a particular song on my iphone, I actually found it pretty fast to use the idrive wheel to scroll through all the songs and select the one I wanted. That being said, on my F10 (which I think had the same version of idrive as your M3), I vaguely recall being able to use the voice recognition to search for a particular song on my phone. I can't remember the phrasing for it right now (was something like "Play Yellow Submarine from my phone" or something like that). It may have only worked when connected via USB however.

I guess when you have built-in streaming media with keyword search you end up using it a lot. The system's interface and capabilties start to influence the types of things we do with it. Since scrolling through lists was easy with idrive, that's what I did. With tesla, keyword search is easy so that's what you do. With RR, nothing is easy so i rant about carplay...lol
His M3 should have the touch screen so it would probably be more like your X3 then the F10.
Alan is offline   Reply With Quote