View Single Post
Old 04-22-2021, 10:55 AM   #1
John V
No more BMWs

Carmudgeonly Ride: Ram, MS3, CX-5, RX-8
What's it worth?

Figured I didn't need to crap up the 911 thread with Boxster stuff. A friend reached out on FB and asked if I was still thinking of selling the Boxster and I quickly typed a "no" reply before they commented that even pricing for plebian Porsches has been strong in the used market lately. I honestly had been planning to just keep the car, but this had me second-guessing that thought. Eventually used-car pricing will settle down. But if I could get a decent figure for the car today, it would leave me with enough cash to be ready when the right opportunity for the next thing (whatever it happens to be) comes along. I've driven the car twice this year.

I did a quick kbb and suggested retail came in at around $26k. I wouldn't sell the car for that. Checking on Rennlist, autotrader, etc I'm not seeing anything comparable. The closest car on carsandbids was a blue/tan '08 987.1S with 55k and it went for $24k.

I just did the 80k service (serpentine belt, filters, fluids, plugs). It's got new Michelins and the brakes are still near full thickness (I did brakes all around on the car not many miles ago) and it's sitting at 78k miles.

Exterior is very good, but not perfect. Small ding in the passenger's rear quarter panel. Small stone chips / sandblasting in the wheel wells. Front end still has clear bra, but I'd probably remove it before sale as it's got some imperfections.

Where else should I be looking to gauge value?
John V is offline   Reply With Quote