View Single Post
Old 02-24-2018, 11:12 AM   #56
IndyMike
Elected by grace

Carmudgeonly Ride: 11 1 M; 11 328iT; 22 M240ix
The E82 is the last of the BMW DNA bloodlines. Everything since has either been castrated or sanitized so it's generally innocuous in even the smallest details to soccer moms, hairdressers and bank presidents.

Too bad the E82 is regarded as polarizing in the appearance category, or found in too small a numbers to be better appreciated. But even that can be a blessing since you rarely see another one on the road.

As far as the overall stable goes, I'm satisfied and blessed to have a truly diverse lineup of vehicles to call on. There's a hatch, a station wagon and a small sport coupe to draw from; DSG, steppy tronic or manual to dance with; blue, gray or orange palette colored skins to eyeball; anthracite, saddle brown and black pigmented cows to take in on the interior.

If variety is indeed the spice of life, then I'm od'ing daily from the eclectic available offerings.

While each has it's various pros and cons, bottom line is they all feel connected to the road with lovely, sensuous hydraulic racks that make my fingers tingle and the endorphins in my brain go gaga.

And the biggest bonus of all...............................they're all paid for.