View Single Post
Old 08-12-2018, 07:08 AM   #1
Alan
Carmudgeon

This will probably interest no one ...

The title says it, I don't think this will interest anyone here but heck I putting it out there anyway. I have had this A5 loaner (yes in a boring color and boring wheels) with about 1600 miles on it for almost a week. I have to tell you it is a REALLY great car, it has the 4 cylinder Turbo with I believe 252 hp and I must be growing old because I really don't think you need a faster car then this and I even like the sound of it.
The power is always there, never once did I feel I need more power, I got into my A6 for the first time in a week and while I felt immediate power from take off with the supercharger (nothing beats the A6 off the line it is just immediate (excepts Matts new Tesla 3) it didn't feel faster though I think it technically is. The A6 for reference has the 3.0 Supercharged engine not sure of the hp but it is 300+.

I almost feel like a real carmudgeon because my wife & I went to Costco and really liked having a hatchback, at first when we came to the car with the wagon full of stuff my wife was like 'I think we should have taken my car(the MDX) and when I showed her the hatch the next thing you know she is like ... I think I found my next car.

The overall sporty feel with the super smooth ride and really nice handling made me think I found my next car too... my lease is up in a little less than 3 months, Audi keeps asking me to turn my car in early though I think I'll wait for the 2019's to come out ... also will probably go for the S5 version ... I have to test drive it first. If the A5 is this good the S5 has got to be great though it has a regular Automatic transmission instead of the DCT so we will see after a test drive how it is.

BTW this is pretty much the same car as my daughters A4 but with a hatchback instead of a trunk ... I knew I liked that car.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8238.jpg
Views:	431
Size:	347.3 KB
ID:	11881  
Alan is offline   Reply With Quote