Thread: cars for kids
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2022, 06:17 PM   #93
clyde
Chief title editor

I think I've made the decision to buy a used engine and have the shop put it in. I don't know that I know the best/right way to buy a used engine and get it to where I need it be.

How do I find or choose a used engine? Or how do I figure out who to buy one from?

Some places with websites say their prices include shipping (if shipping to a business that can unload it off the truck), others don't say anything. Some places are close enough to go get it (if I can borrow someone's truck). Some specifically say that they've tested the engines, some don't, but I don't know how to verify? JV said something about doing an oil analysis, but I'm not sure how to make that happen. Some seem to have surprisingly decent warranties on used engines and others really get some heavy mileage out of "limited" in "limited warranty" while others are silent (which makes me assume they're as-is).

I can feel myself falling into buying from a place after calling because the vibe and price feel right...which basically boils down to taking a $3k leap of faith.

Any thoughts?

Team WTF?!
What are you gonna do?
clyde is offline   Reply With Quote