Thread: Cayman GTS 4.0
View Single Post
Old 09-26-2021, 09:09 AM   #4
Alan
Carmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by John V View Post

Anyway, this is her spec. I might argue on one of the metallic blues vs. yellow, but she really likes yellow.

http://www.porsche-code.com/PNHPCMU7

Only options are:

PZ: Racing Yellow - $0
FZ: Interior in agate gray - $2,160 (this is basically full leather, like our two Boxsters were)
346: Wheels painted in silver - $0
425: Rear wiper - $370

$91,280 before taxes and stuff . Is it bad that I'm seriously considering?
For some reason I thought the price was going to be over $100k for that model, at $91k it is not bad but you do know it is going to be a long wait until you can order one so there really isn’t much to think about now, I would put your name on the waiting list and when the time comes then decide if you definitely want to go through with it.

Also keep in mind cars only cost the depreciation plus the dollars you could make on that money invested and conservatively invested money isn’t making anything that wonderful nowadays … yes you still have some maintenance and insurance but you’re going to pay for that on a new $91k car just as you would a $50k used car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JST View Post
I mean really my only question is why Cayman over Boxster?

And thanks for pointing out that you can get the wheels painted silver for no cost—I missed that!
The Cayman visibility is much better then the Boxster which is a big plus but then again i’m not a convertible guy.
Alan is offline   Reply With Quote