Thread: Cayman GTS 4.0
View Single Post
Old 09-26-2021, 07:49 AM   #2
wdc330i
dogged

Carmudgeonly Ride: '22 M440 xDrive GC
Quote:
Originally Posted by John V View Post
Marisa and I were eating sushi last night and catching up on Youtube when a "first drive" of the GTS 4.0 came up in my feed. Her: "Ooh. What's that?" So I clicked on it and halfway through the review (which was kinda boring) she had the configurator pulled up on Porsche USA.

I mentioned that this might (but also might not) be the end of the line for the gas-powered Cayman and Boxster and it might (but also might not) be a car that holds its value well.

I've never bought a new car. And the most expensive vehicle I've ever purchased (the Ram) with taxes and fees included was still well less than half just the MSRP of the GTS 4.0. But it's fun to play with configurators. And it did get me thinking.

Anyway, this is her spec. I might argue on one of the metallic blues vs. yellow, but she really likes yellow.

http://www.porsche-code.com/PNHPCMU7

Only options are:

PZ: Racing Yellow - $0
FZ: Interior in agate gray - $2,160 (this is basically full leather, like our two Boxsters were)
346: Wheels painted in silver - $0
425: Rear wiper - $370

$91,280 before taxes and stuff . Is it bad that I'm seriously considering?
I absolutely think you should go for it. You love cars, and your only new car in recent memory was actually a truck. And this isn’t just any car, it is the car. Buy it and keep it forever, Or sell it when you’re finally ready to retire to that ski resort.
wdc330i is offline   Reply With Quote