View Single Post
Old 03-24-2020, 11:41 AM   #55
robg
Carmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan View Post
I loved my A6 3.0T ... it was a 2017 ... the gas pedal was literally instant take off with zero delay ... I almost bought it off lease but being I only do 2 yr leases on my DD I decided it is funnier to keep replacing cars every couple of years.

The dealer kept it when I turned it in and actually gave the new owner all the service records with my name on it .... he called me to ask questions about the car ... my answer to him was I'm not too happy the dealer gave you my information BUT if I was buying a used car I would want me the be the prior owner

I did have a talk with the general manager about giving my information out after that call ... he could not apologize enough.
Oh boy- yeah that is very uncool of them. The thing you mention about no gas pedal delay is huge. So many cars have that issue these days, and I think it's the number 1 thing I'd pay attention to when test driving. It's something that starts as a small annoyance but becomes increasingly irritating. My current car recently had a transmission software update that (knock on wood) seems to have completely eliminated any delay which has been really great.
robg is offline   Reply With Quote