View Single Post
Old 03-22-2020, 06:00 PM   #54
clyde
Chief title editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan View Post
I loved my A6 3.0T ... it was a 2017 ... the gas pedal was literally instant take off with zero delay ... I almost bought it off lease but being I only do 2 yr leases on my DD I decided it is funnier to keep replacing cars every couple of years.

The dealer kept it when I turned it in and actually gave the new owner all the service records with by name on it .... he called me to ask questions about the car ... my answer to him was I'm not too happy the dealer gave you my information BUT if I was buying a used car I would want me the be the prior owner

I did have a talk with the general manager about giving my information out after that call ... he could not apologize enough.
A couple weeks after I traded my wife's 2000 Altima SE in on the RX8, the Mazda dealer called me to ask if I would be willing to speak to the person they sold the Altima to. The check engine light came on after they bought it and they couldn't figure out why. I don't remember if they transferred the new owner to me or gave me the buyer's phone number, but I did speak to them once and never heard another thing. My guess is they put gas in it and didn't seal the cap correctly, but who knows?

Team WTF?!
What are you gonna do?
clyde is offline   Reply With Quote