View Single Post
Old 11-07-2013, 01:40 PM   #511
JST

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharp11 View Post
Im not "pissed" about it at all - I just don't get the appeal given the amount of planning one must engage in to drive 135 miles from home - I drive 160 miles a day to NJ and back, twice a week, to teach classes. There's no supercharged charger of any kind at the college. I'm not sure how I'd feel about driving a car like this given those limitations - especially after having spent considerably to obtain one.

I'd also be concerned, being here in the NE, that extreme cold weather would compromise output while simultaneously expecting heating and defrosting elements to do their work.

Perhaps if there were a real infrastructure in place for recharging, I'd feel differently.
Not sure where you are driving to, but I bet there is a charger at your destination that you could hook up to, even if it isn't a supercharger.

But you wouldn't need to. Charge before you leave the house; you have 200+ miles of range. There and back leaves you 50 miles to spare. Your point about winter is a reasonable one, though again you can warm the thing up while connected to your house before you leave.
JST is offline   Reply With Quote