View Single Post
Old 10-08-2017, 12:49 PM   #1567
blee
Doctor Mudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh (PA) View Post
That is a really beautiful example. I think the $32k estimate somebody suggested is a pretty fair number for that car.

I saw in the comments that he's your friend with the m3T and that he has an m5T as well. It read like he was selling those too. Do you have any info?
I highly doubt the m3t is going up for sale. It’s his company vehicle and he raves about how perfect it is for that purpose. I also thought he had decided to keep the m5t and use the m5’s sales to find a new project, but not entirely sure.

The M3T started life as a 325iT with a busted drivetrain. The engine, suspension, transmission, instrument panel, all came from a wrecked E46 M3. (he stopped short of dealing with the body panels) The exhaust was interesting; he put a 330i muffler onto the end of the stock M3 system. Aside from the usual engine swap niggles, it's a perfect beast and carries around all of his Fibrenew stuff with ease. (Oh, and NB/plug: that interior was always nice, but Brian really outdid himself when he freshened it up for sale. His franchise is the deal deal)

I don't remember the exact details of the M5T. I thought that he'd actually used an S65, and not an S62, but I may be mistaken. One of those 5s was supercharged as well, but I don't know if it was the M5 or his current M5T.

The last time I spoke to him about his projects, he was talking about building another M3T with M3 fenders and all of that, or maybe building up some new kind of E39 project, but that was months ago. I find it kinda funny that I introduced him to BMWs long ago; he had sold his Grand Prix for a Millenium Yellow C5, and I'd bought that '99 M3 shortly afterwards. Before I knew it, he had the M5 that's for sale, a couple of E36 M3s (including one with a Euro S50, and a '95 Avus coupe that saved his life when someone t-boned the shit out of it) and those project cars.

Last edited by blee; 10-08-2017 at 02:20 PM.
blee is offline   Reply With Quote