View Single Post
Old 06-11-2019, 08:18 AM   #1432
FC
Solving problems

Carmudgeonly Ride: M5 / 718 GTS / Cooper S / GTI / LR4
It's great car. Considering what is out there, it's pretty great. What I did notice is that the engine throttle modes change not just the responsiveness, but also available power. Well, at least it noticeably affects how fast you accelerate. Sport+ gets a bit too jumpy for daily driving (at least with people in the car), which is a shame, because it is the only mode that disables auto-rev matching. It also makes the car burble like crazy. OTOH, comfort mode is a bit too numb, which is also a shame because it is the only mode that disables the burbles and makes the car sound "refined." (Note that the exhaust note was changed rather significantly with the ZCP and many considered it to be the best feature of the ZCP).

Another annoyance is that the car's default mode is Efficient for throttle (fine), but sport for suspension, which with the ZCP and 20" wheels is pretty harsh, so I always have to change out of it.

My M1 setting is sport throttle and comfort suspension and my M2 setting is Sport+ for throttle and Sport suspension. In all cases I use Sport for steering. I cannot imagine using Sport+ for suspension anywhere other than a track.

FC is online now   Reply With Quote