View Single Post
Old 09-11-2018, 06:56 PM   #10
clyde
Chief title editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by John V View Post
Are the Haaka's good for areas that get relatively little snowfall but have frequent ice storms, like where I am? I've have winter tires (Blizzaks) on the Mazdaspeed since new and it's time for a new set this winter. Are the Nokians overkill for what we get? I've never really had a complaint about the Blizzaks other than, well, they're winter tires, so on days with no snow or ice they suck to drive on (squishy and vague).

John
In the Focus ST, I had mixed feelings every spring when swapping the Dunlop WinterSport 4Ds back for the GY summer tires. The WinterSports were comfortably soft, quiet, and completely not nervous in comparison. But they were kinda squishy and limited in dry traction.

Trying to decide what to do for the Camaro. A lot of people on Camaro6.com say the GY A/S that come on it do fine enough in the type of winters we get here. But I don't like the tires to begin with, so why not put something made for cold/wet/snow/ice? Seems like TireRack is trying to blow out 2014 production WinterSport 4Ds in a size that will work, but Blizzaks. Hmm...

Team WTF?!
What are you gonna do?
clyde is offline   Reply With Quote