View Single Post
Old 10-08-2019, 09:22 PM   #1506
equ
Alphanumeric

Carmudgeonly Ride: 981S, 340i
For reasons that are hard to explain, I am very much in a "shedding toys" phase as opposed to adding to the collection. Perhaps, belatedly, I'm adapting to our tight area. Part of me thinks it's an advantage to not have a large garage; this way I end up with less stuff (I currently have a 1-car attached to my house and a lower quality/no-power 2-car detached that's 70 steps below).

I want to get a bike to replace the Ducati that I sold. But then the rational (?) side of me says just keep and ride the bike you have, the r1200r, and it's more than enough (which it is at 2k miles/year).

There is a lot of hoopla, insurance, service trips that a second vehicle is going to require.The KTM 1190 or 1290 ADV bikes are at the top of my list (though they are on the tall side). I've found several candidates that are getting discounted with the ending riding season; but I'm having trouble pulling the trigger. I haven't created the time for test rides, only a randrom ride of a new 1090 last year - planting the seed of swapping the Multistrada for a KTM. However, there are year differences, suspension differences, engine/tire versions etc. It's a complex world. Proper shopping would mean taking a couple of weeks off work and driving around to find the configurations and options.
equ is offline   Reply With Quote