View Single Post
Old 08-15-2015, 05:26 PM   #14
Pinecone
Carmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by JST View Post
I will say that I am pretty sure there was a serious "off" resulting in a non-driveable vehicle at each of the events I attended. Certainly if not every one, then most of them--and in some cases more than one. Were the PCA guys just being extra aggressive? Maybe.
I have seen a serious off, also at a PCA event when we were doing a Skippy school at Lime Rock. That was the same event, where people were blowing their horns down the front straight trying to get a point by.

Remind to NOT do PCA events.

I have done a number of BMWCCA events, no un-drivable offs. And not many offs that required red flagging the session.

I teach at Friday at the Track and SCCA PDX events. Only one serious off at any of the events I was at. A 350Z did not complete all three steps of skid recovery and went into the gravel sideways and rolled. I used to have pictures.

I have seen and even been in a couple of offs that resulted in minor damage. And one car caught fire recently.

And I agree with Nick. But missing your breaking point by 1 full second at 120, means you missed by 176 FEET. Were you asleep?
1995 Alpine E36 M3 LTW
1990 Red/White Spec Racer
Pinecone is offline   Reply With Quote