View Single Post
Old 09-04-2019, 05:34 PM   #25
ZBB
Relic

Carmudgeonly Ride: A very fast golf cart
Quote:
Originally Posted by rumatt View Post
Is there a way to filter by charging speed on that site?

I'm finding a lot of (what I believe to be) level 2 chargers, and I don't see that as useful except for overnight charging. I'm not sitting in my car outside some dudes house for 6 hours while my car charges.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JST View Post
Yes, if you click on the hamburger menu on the upper left, there's a "Filter" field, and you can filter by specific charger type--Tesla, Supercharger, J1772, CHAdeMO, SAE/CCS, etc. You can select as many of those as you want to include.
Plugshare also color-codes the chargers. Green are L2, Orange are L3. L2 are AC and basically good for overnight charges (at hotels on a road trip). L3 are DC and are fast chargers -- although the speed will vary depending on the output and the car.

You'd have to click on the charger to see details on a the kW output though. Generally speaking:

- L2 chargers (regardless of plug type) -- assume 7kW max output. Some might be more
- CHAdeMO -- most of the current ones out there are capped at 50kW. Some 25 and a few 100kWs are out there
- SAE/CCS -- Most of these are either 75 or 125kW. But Electrify America has included some 350kW chargers out there already...
- Superchargers -- These are either 72kW ("urban" style) or 120kW. Tesla started rolling out the 250kW Superchargers over the summer -- but very few locations so far. I'd expect most of the 120kW locations to eventually be updated to 250 over the next couple years...

Also, if you create a plugshare account, it will automatically filter for your car (and you can always play with the filters too)...