View Single Post
Old 03-11-2019, 04:59 PM   #88
robg
Carmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ff View Post
None of the frequent adjustments in direction surprises me. In many ways, Tesla operates much more like an agile software company than a traditional car company.
But a well-run agile software company wouldn't randomly change strategy multiple times per month. Also, even when it comes to actual software development, "agile" doesn't mean that you just randomly change things, skip testing, and not have a product roadmap.

It's hard to imagine a good excuse for doing such a quick about-face on pricing. There's lots of ways they could have tested and predicted what the results of various pricing strategies in advance of just plowing forward with whatever popped into Musk's head that day.

I know there's a sentiment among some fans and investors that Tesla and Musk are too intertwined to separate, but the board has to find a better way to run the company (both strategically and operationally).

It's true that he seems a bit "trump like" in that he gets away with stuff that no other CEO would, but I think it's just a matter of time before he causes a preventable implosion. Plus I'd think he would be happier going on to another startup.

Guess it doesn't really affect me since i'm not an investor, customer or employee. But it's such a face-palm train wreck to watch.
robg is offline   Reply With Quote