View Single Post
Old 03-03-2019, 05:03 PM   #192
John V
No more BMWs

Carmudgeonly Ride: Ram, MS3, CX-5, RX-8
The splitter is allowed to project six inches forward of the front contour of the bodywork as viewed from above and as wide as the side bodywork, not including the mirrors. It must be level to within +/- three degrees and it must be flat (i.e. it can't be various level heights that are stepped). It cannot go further rearward than the centreline of the front wheels. You're allowed an air dam (the black stuff) but no vertical components like splitter fences.

My plan for driving it was thwarted today as I found a vacuum leak that necessitated me removing the intake manifold. While I had that out I replaced the motor mounts with some stiff pieces I had sitting around for a while. The driver's side motor mount is not accessible with the intake manifold installed.

As far as where I can drive it, my plan was to actually tow it to a large industrial park not far from here, and drive it around to let the ECU self-tune. I don't have to go fast to do this or drive recklessly, so I think I'll be safe as long as it's on a weekend when this place is largely abandoned. If a cop does come hassle me I'll just tell him what's going on and more than likely he'll just tell me to leave. Back when I had the BMW and the ZHP, I put the ZHP's plates on it. Figured if I got pulled over the cop would run the tags and see it was registered to a red BMW.
John V is offline   Reply With Quote