Thread: Dial 911
View Single Post
Old 03-29-2024, 10:44 PM   #5914
SCA
Jaded

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan View Post
Good news on the Xpel …. What parts did you do ?

When you say June/July for the 992.2 you’re talking about allocations correct and if so then delivery would be around November on the East Coast ?

 ​ “Track pack” equals full hood, full front fenders, full front bumper cover, rocker panels, mirrors, A pillars and a little bit of the roof above the top of the windshield. Per previous experience PPF tends to be a total waste of money as few appear to recoup any of it at the time of a private party sale or dealer trade. Even my Porsche SA feels it is a waste of money, but they send a lot of Porsches to the shop that installs PPF a few roads over from the dealership. PPF is great for the next owner though. The physician that purchased my former X5 can attest to that.

992.2 reveal. Production for U.S. models will not commence until late summer/early fall and they not arrive stateside for launch until allegedly Q1 2025. I am beginning to doubt that as I feel it will be sometime during Q4 2024. This info is from my friend that works at the PCNA service center in Atlanta. It is not 100% official, but it is what’s spreading around internally.

Keep in mind that there will still be 992.1 models produced alongside dot twos as this has been done in the past. It will not be a full, instant switch to 992.2.

Edit: Oh! The delay is still effect. This is why we keep seeing photos and videos of plenty of .2 mules being tested at the end of March 2024. The issue discovered still has not been fully resolved.

Last edited by SCA; 03-30-2024 at 12:16 PM.
SCA is offline   Reply With Quote