View Single Post
Old 05-31-2017, 12:34 AM   #59
Nick M3
Relic

Quote:
Originally Posted by blee View Post
The clears are definitely OE. I do like them, although the corners look sort of aftermarket despite being OE. I think it's because they're so much...erm, whiter, or something, compared to the headlight assemblies.

The car came to me with tint, and while I'm perfectly okay with its extralegal darkness, there is a bit of a bubble towards the top of the left window. I may try to smooth it out myself; replacement is always an option, but I'm terrified that the rear defogger lines will run away with the old tint.

I've thought quite a bit (probably too much) about the black/body colored bits on the car -- the kdineys, the fender grilles, the reflectors. I don't know whether the car is getting old enough that it should be put back to its showroom state, or if it looks better this way.

I made some low profile wooden ramps a few weeks ago, and today I rolled the car onto them after a slight modification to keep them from squirting out from under the tires. It's time to tackle the rod bearings and front control arms. (I was going to wait another week or so, but I'm taking the truck to work tomorrow, and it's supposed to rain anyway, so...)
How many miles do the bearings have?

And no, the blacked out stuff does not look better.
1995 M3 S50B32
1990 325is
1989 M3 S54B32

Hers:
1989 325iX
1996 911 Turbo

Nick M3 is offline   Reply With Quote