View Single Post
Old 06-01-2017, 10:46 AM   #70
wdc330i
dogged

Carmudgeonly Ride: '22 M440 xDrive GC
Quote:
Originally Posted by blee View Post
Grey interior FTW! Eventually, so many people will re-dye or swap out their grey interiors that ours will be the rare ones.

I admit that the car looks good with the original chrome pieces. I kind of have a philosophical thing against chrome-plated plastic, though, and I also am kind of digging the fockin' blacked-out look. To the point where I've contemplated a set of wheels in black/anthracite.
I don't LOVE gray interiors, but, oddly, I've had three cars with them. The color was fine for the convertible. Helped keep the seats cool. What I didn't like were the gray plastic bits, because they tended to look yellow over time. The other benefit of the gray was that it masked bolster wear more than darker colors. Black tends to show it more than any other color.

My M240 has a mix of the black wheels and chrome bits. Hard to know which way to veer were I to change any of it. Current style is to go "carbon" on all the accent trim. Had I speced this car from the factory I might have split the difference with the "Ferric Gray" wheels--which are neither chrome nor black but somewhere in between.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1090522.JPG
Views:	211
Size:	399.2 KB
ID:	11307  
wdc330i is offline   Reply With Quote