Thread: What next?
View Single Post
Old 05-15-2013, 01:08 PM   #2
JST

Quote:
Originally Posted by clyde View Post
The lease on wife's Odyssey is going to end pretty soon, so I'm starting to figure out what we'll do next. She's given me her list of requirements and doesn't care much beyond what's on it, so let's review, eh?
  • Has air conditioning.
  • Won't die a lot.
  • Can fit 3 kids in back seat if no third row.
  • Not expensive.
  • Isn't going to piss her off.

I believe the last item is the No MyFuckingFordTouchOrAnythingLikeIt line.

There are a few "nice to have, but wouldn't want to pay extra" things on her list, but really, she just doesn't care and thus leaving it up to me. It's more important to me that she like it than anything else and I don't understand how she can just so not care, but that's the way it is.

I think I'd prefer another van for the rare occasions when it's helpful to have 7/8 passenger capability or real big/bulk items. My wife likes the sliding doors for the kids, particularly in our own garage so she doesn't have to worry about the kids accidentally slamming a door open into my car, so I'm down with that...but if she got a car, I think I can reconfigure some stuff in the garage to allow semi-offset parking to keep the door thing from being a problem.

I'm inclined to lease again...but what? Open to the idea of a car, SUV, crossover or van, but not sure what to consider. It's probably going to be something that MSRPs around $30 +/-

Any ideas on shopping for a car for someone that doesn't really care so you want it to be not really nice, but not so sucky that you don't completely hate driving/riding in it and will work for taking the family somewhere in it for a week?
Given the list of requirements, I am having a hard time seeing why you don't just get another Odyssey. Or a Sienna.

If you wanted to change things up a bit, a CX-9 fits the bill.
JST is offline   Reply With Quote