View Single Post
Old 04-12-2017, 03:19 PM   #1
Biggins
Crotchety

Carmudgeonly Ride: 22 Tiguan, 11 328i
Alignment Help/Tweaks

How do I get moving in the right direction? I know not everyone here is worried about alignments for autocross purposes, but...

I attached my last alignment data for the autocross car (FR-S). Until I can afford the MCS shocks or re-valved full-body Konis which might get me another -0.01-0.03 camber in the front on each side, that's all I can do legally with the camber in my class. Rear camber is not adjustable. I have off-the-shelf Koni inserts in OEM struts up front. I may finally add the legal, larger TRD sway bars front and rear by the end of the season which will also change the car a little. The toe-out front/toe-in rear was just what another FRS/BRZ driver and the forums seem to think is the consensus answer.

My driving is obviously never maxxed out, but the car has some habits that I wanted some experts to chime in with advice on how to potentially fix through alignment settings, tire pressures, or something else?

I like a car with oversteer. I warn everyone who has autoxed my car before they've driven my car and each one has agreed. I know some have hated the way mine drives compared to other FRS/BRZs and others have said it's the best. I've always been comfortable driving it but have noticed in the past year that I should be able to put the power down from mid-corner to especially corner exit, but my car oversteers a bit too much to the point where I know I'm losing valuable time, mainly on corner exit. I've read plenty on the topic on other forums with lots of good and bad information.

The other caveat is that the oversteer has been present for each of the five different tire brands/compounds I've run over the past several years, but I rarely play with tire pressures. Once I add the TRD bars I know the car will be slightly different, but the incremental increase both front/rear should not change much from my current set-up... I think.

Any other comments/critique/suggestions of the current alignment would be appreciated?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Align.jpg
Views:	438
Size:	5.23 MB
ID:	11256  
Biggins is offline   Reply With Quote