View Single Post
Old 04-02-2023, 03:20 PM   #1
Alan
Carmudgeon

PPF pricing and areas of coverage

I never had it done but I did schedule the Corvette to get done in late April by a place that 90% of what they do is PPF and wraps.

When I went they had a lot of high end cars, it was pretty amazing but they also had 3 C8’s and when I scheduled mine there were 3 other C8’s ahead of me to get done.

So I wanted some opinions on what I should do …. I am having the front hood, front bumper, front fenders and the rocker panels which is the lower spot from the front wheel to the back wheel and part of the air scoop right behind the doors done as well as the boomerang’s which is the the part of the door that has a different color, in my case they are black.

I was thinking of also getting the A pillars and that little part right above the windshield done in front of the targa roof.

My big concern is I drive on an expressway 5 days a week that seems to always have dump trucks and my R8 as well as the 911 got slammed by rocks each one time only but it chipped the hell out of each car, the R8 went from maybe one chip to over 40 in one drive. I don’t recall either car ever getting the A pillars hit but all I picture is a dump truck slamming the corvette and then i’ll be upset I didn’t spend the extra $400 on the a Pillars ….

The price is $3900 for what I described and if I don’t do the a pillars and the small part of the roof it will be $3500.

I did get a cheaper price of $2700 without asking about the a pillars but that shop while they have a good rep didn’t seem nearly as confident as the one with the higher price.

Are you guys getting the A pillars done and front roof done ?

Are you doing the whole car or just partial ?
Alan is offline   Reply With Quote