View Single Post
Old 08-21-2022, 05:15 PM   #2
SCA
Jaded

Quote:
Originally Posted by FC View Post
https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/n...aditional-feel

I say go for it. It is already too traction limited to be RWD. If they can make a "fun" EV, that would be great.

I could be interested in ~3 years, right around the time I could hand over the GTI to the kids.
Sorry, but EVs are not ready for prime time other than Telsa and mostly because of their own infrastructure. The charging experience is less than desirable. It recently took me an hour and a half to charge the Rivian from 42% to 100% via an electrify America 150kW fast charger. The charging infrastructure absolutely sucks! It is absurd… if you don’t believe me Google around and see what Johnny Lieberman and Chris Harris‘s opinions are. Edit: Per Spike’s Car Radio the recent lines to charge Teslas in California is apparently laughable, even when a Tesla charging station has 25+ chargers the lines become lengthy. This is going be a giant shit show in the matter of just a few years if the charging stations are not built quickly and in large numbers. They have got to be fully functional too. I cannot tell you how many times I have been to a EA charging station where there is only one or two working.

Last edited by SCA; 08-21-2022 at 06:09 PM.
SCA is offline   Reply With Quote