View Single Post
Old 11-07-2013, 02:42 PM   #528
JST

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharp11 View Post
What's a quick stop? I see it's an hour for a super charger, no?

I take the Saw Mill north then across South Salem (route 35) through Ridgefield, then Redding where I live.

As it is, I fill the Merc up once every two weeks - takes five minutes, the car cost me under 10 grand.
You wouldn't need a full charge. Just a bump to get you home, if you were worried about it. You start with 200+ miles of range (or, say, 175, if you want to be conservative). You use 160. To get home you need to add, what, 20 or 30? The newest Superchargers can hit like 300 mph on a depleted battery (they slow down as the battery gets full, but you don't need to worry about that if you stop on the way home). So, figure 10 minutes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plaz
Ooof, really? In those teeny-tiny little service areas, that are barely more than an expanded shoulder? Any lines could be a real problem in those.
Dunno. I understand that there are some renovations happening at the service plazas and people are speculating that the Superchargers will be added as part of that? But I'm not sure, and I don't think anyone outside Tesla knows at this point.
JST is offline   Reply With Quote