View Single Post
Old 03-21-2017, 12:15 PM   #6
JST

Quote:
Originally Posted by equ View Post
Well, the house I bought is quite old. We have done numerous home depot runs with the golf straining to carry items back. Of course, I can rent, but that adds to the hassle.

We also have 40ft of frontage on two streets that I need cleared of snow. I am done with manual shoveling after this last heavy ice. I would like to have one snow blower, not two. The problem is that you cannot "walk" a snow blower from one side of the house to the other. We are perched on a cliff, there is a 60-65ft elevation difference with many stairs. So to avoid having two, I'll need to drive the blower from one side to another - in a 4wd vehicle, ideally with a bed. I have a shed (non-powered) on one side, so storage of the blower is not a problem.

I guess it's fantasy. The other creeping feeling is that with the boxster in the house the e46 m3 nears the chopping block. I feel like I'm only keeping it because people keep asking to buy it for the rarity and the condition: laguna seca blue, manual, coupe, 41k miles, on its way to be a sorta classic.
That all makes sense, though for moving a snowblower I wonder whether you'd be better served with a really light-duty utility trailer that you could just prop up behind the shed--getting ramps and muscling that thing up into a pickup bed might be more trouble than just shoveling the snow.

If you went that route, you could get a Jeep, which might be more useful day-to-day for carrying passengers and commuting.

That said, I think if you didn't like the X5, anything like this is going to drive you batshit. The good news is that a used Taco probably won't depreciate too much in the 6 months you end up owning it.
JST is offline   Reply With Quote