View Single Post
Old 09-04-2007, 10:50 PM   #6
Optimus Prime
Carmudgeon

Carmudgeonly Ride: Golf TDi
Quote:
Originally Posted by equ View Post
ASA makes some neat wheels for the money. Congrats on the great choice of tire/wheel!
They're like BBS lite (or heavy as it were, since they appear to use cheaper alloy that requires more material cross section). The equivelant BBS wheel weighs 20.5 lbs from BBS and 24 lbs from ASA.

From Tirerack.com
In 1990, ASA decided to build a state-of-the-art alloy wheel manufacturing facility. Knowing the complexity and challenge this presented, ASA went to BBS in Germany to tap the best technical knowledge in facility design, manufacturing processes and quality controls for producing high quality alloy wheels. Production began at the new facility in Jeywon, South Korea in March 1992.

Their agreement with BBS, a world leader in wheel technology, engineering and manufacturing with over two decades of success in the racing community and the high-end aftermarket worldwide, is still in effect today. This cooperative agreement gives ASA valuable access to technical and product information that BBS gains from their motorsports and manufacturing involvement.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JST View Post
Runflats do have their advantages.
I enjoyed not having to change this tire on the side of I95 today. OTOH, replacing it at the local Firestone dealer cost $360.
that's pretty odd.
How many miles were on it? I was told by BMW that I was required to replace wheels in pairs?
Quote:
Originally Posted by BahnBaum View Post
Josh, thanks for posting that pic. I've always wondered how that Comfort Access thing worked.

Alex

Last edited by Optimus Prime; 09-04-2007 at 11:14 PM.
Optimus Prime is offline   Reply With Quote