Thread: Still waffling
View Single Post
Old 10-02-2009, 02:32 PM   #7
Sharp11
Vicarious Twitterer

Carmudgeonly Ride: 06 330 cic ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by equ View Post
Thanks, I already decided that I'm not selling the cayman... On the s4, what's going to change things are the fortunes of my work. Things are in a funk now (even more so than a month ago) so I'm finding it hard to stay committed to such a big ticket expense. Tax and all, I'm looking at $56k with the s4. A sparser a4 comes to about 39-40k all in. With equal equipment, the difference goes down to about $10k. Of course, if work turns around by next year and I get the s4 wish again, I'll be kicking myself and costing myself more if I end up switching out again...
Looking at this from a distance, it's possible no expensive sedan will satisfy you long term the way the croc does

There was part of an idea posited above that makes sense - why not get rid of the Honda and you and your girlfriend get something that suits both your purposes - something "cute" for her and something functional for you - you may have to settle for the Porsche as your driver's car - not a bad "settlement", and think of the new car as a ski-trip + shared DD.

That would open the door to a raft of unexciting, but useable choices that aren't too expensive - everything from Forresters to Q5's to Passat wagons to whatever works.

Just an idea.

Ed
Sharp11 is offline   Reply With Quote