Thread: Koni FSD's?
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2006, 04:22 PM   #20
FC
Solving problems

Carmudgeonly Ride: M5 / 718 GTS / Cooper S / GTI / LR4
Quote:
Originally Posted by clyde
If you don't have any driving/racing books, I would highly recommend Keith Code's "A Twist of the Wrist Vol. I" as the first thing to read. It's about road racing motorcycles, but the principles will serve anyone very well that ever controlls any sort of moving vehicle (car, motorcycle, bicycle, snowmobile, plane, etc)...or even any other task that requires, or should require, a modicum of concentration and planning ahead (should be right your alley )

The next book I would suggest is "Going Faster!" by Carl Lopez which is a Skip Barber School book. It gets into performance driving, line and the rest of the theories and application of them just like all the other how-to driving books, but does so in its own way and it covers weight transfer from the driver's perspective better than anything else out there. Smith's "Drive to Win" is a close second, but it's a more difficult text to read.

The rest of Smith's books are great once you get into building, preparing and setting up cars, but understanding the driving part before you get into modding makes the modding a lot more efficent and effective, IMO.
Cool, thanks.
FC is offline   Reply With Quote