View Single Post
Old 01-12-2018, 01:27 PM   #9
lip277
The old cranky SOB....

Carmudgeonly Ride: several cars... way too many....
I have had Michelin Pilot Sport A/S, A/S 2, A/S 3 and now A/S 3+ on various E38's for upwards of 250,000 miles or so.

For what I have wanted - they have worked excellently. I have driven the cars in upwards of 3 to 5 inches of snow - and the car did 'ok' (it did better than I expected - considering the car is not a snow vehicle at all).

I drive in LOTS of rain. Both the slow drizzle (just to get things wet rain) as well in the 'get the Ark ready' heavy downpour - a great number of miles in all kinds of wet...

The tires have always given me confidence in getting around and allowing me to drive how I wanted, without undue influence from the rain in slowing me down too much (so to speak).

Ice - a bit of that, but not too much. I really don't like driving in ice, so not too much on the tires that way (Yukon/F250 get way more use that way). But- these tires have always treated me well here too - I just have to drive for conditions.

Good luck
I know there are other good tires out there as well, I have just always been treated fairly by these PS A/S tires, so - I really don't look around too much.

1970 2800CS - - 2001 740iL - - 2006 997.1 - - 2012 Escalade
1968 Mustang GT Convertible - - 2003 Ford F250 PSD - - 1985 728i
lip277 is offline   Reply With Quote