View Single Post
Old 03-01-2018, 11:23 PM   #58
clyde
Chief title editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemming View Post
Hey Clyde.

How is the car, now that you’ve had it for a week or so?
Needs more storage, but that's fixable (jump to 2:07 if it doesn't start there)

But, really...

I've put about 200 miles on it since I got home. That gives it a total of about 670, so it's approaching halfway on break in. I meant to do an oil change last weekend, but didn't get to it. Hoping to do one this weekend. It drives nice and is comfy without feeling overly soft. I can feel that it has a little power to it, but I still haven't gotten on it.

I am not feeling claustrophobic in it and growing more comfortable with the driver side blind spot. The car is a little bigger than the Focus and has worse visibility out, but in some cases (not most, but some), it's easier to place than the Focus.

I had a not-quite-a-near-miss backing out of a parking spot as my eyes were moving between inside mirror, outside mirrors, over the shoulders and backup camera-view, but I think that was more due to figuring out where I need to look and when rather than something inherently bad about the car.

The stereo sucks. I mean, it's really bad. When sitting in a front seat. Sitting in the back—which, by the way, I've found I fit in the back seat behind the driver with driver seat set leg and hip wise, but height wise only if my body tilts towards center a bit and my head tilted over a lot—the stereo sounds fine for a cheap car. In the front seat, I think the problem is it sends too much volume to a speaker in the middle of the dash. Shifting the fader back a bit, helps in some ways, but worsens in other ways. I'm a little surprised how much this is bothering me.

I have a growing list of likes and dislikes, but I don't feel right talking too much about it until I've had a chance to at least exercise it a bit. I haven't fallen in love with it for it's staid commuting abilities, nor am I finding it unlivable. Many of the dislikes are comfort/convenience things that are addressed in higher spec trims.

Sorry I don't have more to say right now. And, AF, sorry still no pics. They'll come, though, eventually.

Team WTF?!
What are you gonna do?
clyde is offline   Reply With Quote