View Single Post
Old 12-13-2019, 09:27 AM   #49
clyde
Chief title editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by clyde View Post
New Carvana offer today is $18,252.

As of right now, an SS 1LE is the strong favorite, but I really don't know if that's what I'm going to move into.

Whatever I buy, I'm leaning towards holding off on doing anything until late January or February. I still like the car and don't feel like I need to get out of it quickly. My expectation is that it won't depreciate too much over the next five months, but whatever it does will be roughly offset by corresponding depreciation of whatever I buy* to replace it.

The other thing I'm thinking of is working from the original plan for replacing my wife's Outback by selling the Camaro now, replacing with a beater for the short term that my daughter can also drive and will become her car when I buy the [1LE or TBD]. This would guarantee I cash in before Carvana comes to their senses and allow me to strike when the right car appears. The problem
Quote:
Originally Posted by clyde View Post
$!6,162.
$16,544 today.

In retrospect, I would have been better off selling the car to Carvana in September, buying a $4k beater, putting the rest into Tesla stock, selling that today and be way ahead.

Oh well. But that would have been dumb to try.

Pretty settled into plan of a 1SS 1LE. Decided I don't want the HPEB Mustang. Don't want to go electric without a last hurrah with a V8. Etc.

Still expecting late January/early February. Not sure if it will be a 2019 or 2020. I was wrong about the fancy rear view mirror...it's not available on 1LE cars.

Team WTF?!
What are you gonna do?
clyde is offline   Reply With Quote