View Single Post
Old 08-06-2019, 10:48 AM   #8
robg
Carmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by equ View Post
I agree there are odd style embellishments, best way to put it. I don't think it looks all that bad. Not that distinct but not bad. It does look large on the outside but did not feel very different on the inside from my own car. I drove my car to a G20 event at Meadowlands, took 2nd place out of 25. All the G20's were 330, RWD, m-sport, track package and a nice dark blue. The 4-cyl responded very well, much better than f30 328i, but I haven't driven the f30 330i. It wasn't a quantum leap over my LCI 340i. I didn't notice a steering feel difference. It may have "sat" a bit better on tarmac, but that's the slightly lighter nose as well (rwd/4-cyl) as opposed to my awd.

I'm happy I'm in one of the last manual 340's.
The steering issue that bugged me on F30s was a sense of looseness or vagueness on-center when travelling straight at highway speeds. Last f30 I drove as a 2017 330 wagon a few years ago though. My RWD F10 had this characteristic as well.

Guess I'm in the minority with my negative reaction to the styling. In darker colors, its tolerable.

Speaking of manual 340s, there was a letter in the latest Roundel from a guy who wrote in to say that he bought 2 of the last manual 340s from his dealer (one for him and one for his wife) cause he liked it so much!
robg is offline   Reply With Quote