View Single Post
Old 10-19-2021, 12:03 PM   #3948
equ
Alphanumeric

Carmudgeonly Ride: 981S, 340i
Quote:
Originally Posted by clyde View Post
White and beige? How boringly unimaginative can you get?

It's like, "Nah, I don't need any enjoyment in life. I'm good with just sitting here and breathing. And playing with my own genitals."
A little uncalled for? Life can only be enjoyed if you are surrounded by brightly colored loud objects? Maybe for some, but for others different choices float the boat.

I'm not a fan of the porsche beige interior but it didn't stop me from buying and enjoying a porsche with one. I don't really think about the interior or the exterior when I'm driving but I'd still take a boring color that I don't love over a shouty color that I don't love (which will actively irritate me).

The most important thing to me about a porsche exterior is its shape and sculpting. White doesn't do them favors but neither do red or many other bright colors. With a silver, a gray or a nice metallic, I can focus on the shape. With a lava orange (saw one in my neighborhood yesterday), I only see the color (in this case salmon) not the sculpture that it is.

I think for various cars, bright colors are good. E.g. jeeps or lambos and many others. Just not when I want my eyes to wander over the 911 or cayman form.
equ is offline   Reply With Quote