Thread: Dial 911
View Single Post
Old 03-30-2024, 10:28 AM   #5917
FC
Solving problems

Carmudgeonly Ride: M5 / 718 GTS / Cooper S / GTI / LR4
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCA View Post
 ​ “Track pack” equals full hood, full front fenders, full front bumper cover, rocker panels, mirrors, A pillars and a little bit of the roof above the top of the windshield.
I did the "Track pack" on the 718. I liked that in included a portion of film on the rear bumper behind the wheels. It also covered the side intake areas, which can get beat up from the front tires.

As far as PPF, I am convert but I will only do it on cars I plan to keep for a while, are "special," particularly if they will be driven in the highway.

I learned my lesson with the F80. The moment I started driving it in the highway chips started appearing everywhere. This is the case particularly if driven in the winter even when dry.

But on more utilitarian cars I would not bother. The GTI did not get PPF, for exmaple. Sure it has some chips, but it is a commuter hatchback, so I just touch up the bad spots and move on. Same with the LR4.

The 718 and Mini we plan to keep forever, so we covered them. I would also have covered the M5 given that it's a nice car that I plan to drive year round. Lucky for me, the PO went full PPF on that one, and to your point, definitely did not get his money back (although understandably, it was prominently advertised). I do not think I got much of my PPF dollars back if at all when I sold the F80.
FC is offline   Reply With Quote