Thread: M3 review
View Single Post
Old 08-24-2018, 12:53 PM   #15
Josh (PA)
Hello.

Carmudgeonly Ride: '09 X3, '11 328xiT, '11 135i C, '17 c2, '19 X5
Quote:
Originally Posted by FC View Post
Thanks! I am enjoying it quite a bit. Funny thing is that my new job involves ~7 miles of highway driving. I'm lucky that it's against traffic, but this open up two issues I never have to worry about before:

1) This car just loves to do triple digit speeds and when I hold it in the 70's even in 6th gear, it feels like it's ready to pounce and get to 100mph. Driving it for hundreds of miles in the Autobahn doesn't help. I really have to be careful with tickets. The section is also one of those 55mph zones that EVERY ONE goes 75mph and sometimes more. So cops can pretty much pull over anyone they want at any time for any reason. People do 70mph+ with impunity past speed traps. I'm afraid of one day "accidentally" doing 90 trying to get around someone doing 65 and getting a massive ticket. I know. That's dumb and I should just control my speed better.

2) I am FAR more exposed to chips from fast traffic in front. I'm torn about paying for a full front-end wrap or just letting it be.

Additional, unrelated comments:

A) WTF is up with the "Efficient Dynamics" suggested gear indicator nonsense? The car displays your current gear - a helpful thing, so I am OK with that. But it also shows in smaller font and in gray, what gear you ought to be in to be most efficient. This morning, I'm doing ~32mph in 3rd (which is about 2krpm) and the car was suggesting I go to 6th gear. That's right. 6th!

B) I found out how to skip a track. The roller on the right side of the steering wheel can move you through your play list and then you just push to select. This works great for itunes music in my phone, but not when using Spotify. I still need to RTFM.
With pandora, you use the same wheel to move forward/backwards a track. You can't scroll through a Playlist, just go next or previous. You should see the forward and back arrow on the hud
'11 135i Convertible
'11 328xiT
'09 X3
Josh (PA) is offline   Reply With Quote