View Single Post
Old 04-12-2018, 01:31 PM   #13
Alan
Carmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh (PA) View Post
#Rabbithole

A secondary concern of mine is if we own a fourth car, the pressure will be great to allow one (or both) of the girls to take said car back to college with them . I am 100% against the idea of either of them having a car that I own, insure and am liable for on a college campus with people doing college things. I am not sure I'd successfully win that position, especially if the extra car was already 'just sitting there'.

We are having a similar discussion in my household trying to figure out if my daughter will take her car to school next fall but my feelings are a little different. I feel that she should take the car since I am paying for it anyway and it would just sit in the driveway doing nothing. I'd feel if it sat at home I'm wasting my money.

Back to your original question I think option B is a safer option in many respects, first off a 2015 BMW is a safer car, it is also going to be more reliable and like others mentioned you don't have the hassle of trying to sell it.

As far as the consequences when turning the car in the first thing we need to know who is the leasing company ... if it is BMW I can tell you they are very lenient. I returned my 550 with a few scratched up rims and there was no issue. If it is a local bank or a 3rd party leasing company I would be very careful, many of them nit pick the heck out of the car ... I made that mistake once 20+ yrs ago and have since insisted on the Manufacturer as the leasing company.
Alan is offline   Reply With Quote