View Single Post
Old 10-27-2003, 01:05 PM   #6
Masskrug
Jaded

Re: Took the Saab on a roadtrip...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TD
One word- Nice

The car is great on the highway, quiet, low RPMs at speed, and very eager to pull when trying to pass, plus tons of space. And very comfortable. And I could adjust the seat any way I wanted (even into a nap friendly position - yes, as a passenger) without worrying about the kid located behind me. Space can be a really good thing.

I know it's sacriledge to say this on a BMW board, but I really like this Saab. Sure it's not going to be the first choice for autox or track events. But for everyday type stuff, it is a great everyday car for an enthusiast.

We also had XM along for the ride (via a tape deck adapter and cigarette lighter power source - the low-fi approach) and the merits of hearing uninterrupted good music as you drive between metropolitan areas is more or less priceless. I'm looking forward to being able to do a more permanent (and higher-fi) install. (Come on Blitzsafe, where's that adapter?)

And I still plan to autox it at least once. Just to see how it feels.
If I said all these things about a X5, would that still make me reviled?
Masskrug is offline   Reply With Quote